September 26, 2012

CALDER











I was thinking back on my history with art and jewelry, my likes, dislikes and how they have changed, evolved, grown up and yet have stayed the same.  While thinking back on my path to jewelry I was remembering my youth time favorites.  Realizing my own creative narrative is a path I can detect now. Looking back as though the wind has just brushed away the leaves on an autumn's day stroll to reveal a worn path where I had just thought I had meandered threw the trees.  Calder was one of my favorites in my teens, among Klimt, Mucha, Schiele, Klee, and Sonia Delaunay.  I can see how this hopeful painter (me at 15) could be swayed to textiles and metals once given the knowledge and opportunity. I now remember making wantabe Calder copper wire sculptures and jewelry with gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment